The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and NASA report numerous cases of drones flying dangerously close to airports and aircraft, resulting in several near-collisions. As more drones take to the skies, hazardous mid-air encounters will become more likely.
Airports gain security from DroneShield detecting drone presence and disruption of threats with modules deployed around site perimeters. A multi-sensor approach allows DroneShield to distinguish drones from other objects, minimising false alarms. The product easily integrates into existing security systems, sending instant alerts and automatic or manually activated disruption when a drone is detected. DroneShield retains data from the for any subsequent legal proceedings.
HOW DRONESHIELD BENEFITS AIRPORTS IN DRONE DETECTION:
- Identifies drone activity that is undetectable by other means
- Automatically or manually disrupts drone threats forcing them to ground or returning them to operator
- Alerts security teams to type, location and direction of the drone, preserving data from the alert
- Provides advance warning to allow swift, preventative intervention
- Captures and retains alert data for use as digital evidence in legal cases