Prisons face challenges from smugglers using drones to deliver drugs, weapons, cell phones and other contraband onto facility grounds. As a result, drone detection and disruption is critical to maintaining the highest standard of security. Prisons integrate DroneShield into their zone-based alarm systems to achieve consistent, complete monitoring of their perimeters, airspace and centralized facilities. Its alerts give advanced warning of drone activity and can be configured to automatically disrupt drones that enter a specified perimeter.
DroneShield is mounted near exterior and interior peripheries, which you can maintain remotely. It contains a database of acoustic signatures unique to drones commonly used in smuggling, and is linked to a browser-based interface to let you view local acoustic activity in real time. Once a drone is detected, DroneShield instantly alerts via SMS, email, or through your existing alarm system and can automatically disrupt unauthorized drones within seconds.
WHY PRISONS USE DRONESHIELD TO SAFEGUARD CORRECTIONAL FACILITIES:
- Gives advanced warning of consumer-grade drones commonly used by smugglers and other unauthorized users
- Can disrupt incoming drones forcing them to lower to the ground or return to operator allowing for law enforcement intervention
- Contributes to more comprehensive surveillance through monitoring of air space as well as ground perimeters
- Supplements and integrates with existing security systems for swift law enforcement response
- Preserves data from alerts for use as digital evidence in legal proceedings