- DroneShield launches a revolutionary compact, portable and mobile radar – RadarZero.
- A radar roughly the size of a paperback book.
- Complements the existing larger and longer-range RadarOne module / product.
- A stand-alone product as well as a module in DroneSentinel / DroneSentry multi-sensor systems.
DroneShield Ltd (ASX:DRO) (“DroneShield" or the “Company”) is pleased to announce the launch of RadarZero, a revolutionary compact drone detection radar product. At roughly the size of a paperback book, the product can detect drones up to 750m away and sells for a fraction of the cost of the larger longer-range more conventional radars.
Because of its small formfactor, RadarZero is portable and mobile.
RadarZero complements DroneShield’s existing longer-range (larger formfactor) RadarOne product and is offered both as a standalone product and as part of the Company’s DroneSentinel drone detection and DroneSentry drone detection and mitigation platforms.
RadarZero does not replace DroneShield’s existing RadarOne module / product. Rather, it is offered as an alternative for relevant users and environments.
The details of RadarZero are set out in the attached summary. Its key highlights include:
- Significantly reduced formfactor (approximately 20cm x 16cm per unit), 1.25kg weight, making it suitable for tactical deployments. - Resultant portability and mobility.
- A lower cost than larger radars.
- 120 degree coverage per unit, with complete coverage achieved through 3 units without requirement for mechanical movement.
- 3D data acquisition.
- 750m range.
For clarity, the product is not in development – it is fully commercialised and available.
RadarZero highlights the multi-sensor capability of the DroneSentinel and DroneSentry platforms. The roll-out of the product was undertaken in response to end-user requirements.